Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2016

BeagleBoys

I think it was Old Dog with whom I was having a conversation one night in the Ten Cat a few years ago which somehow resulted in us examining our drivers licenses in the course of which I realized that mine had expired.  Well shit.  How had that happened?  Don't they send you out a reminder prior to that happening? 

Well shit.  How would I get a new one?  Would I have to take a driver's test?  I hadn't driven in like twenty some years.  Could I even pass the test?  And what were the chances that somebody would have to loan me their car?  Who would do that?  I supposed that I could just get one of those state ID's, but shit, those were for coots and geezers. 

I called up the drivers license people the next Monday to see what I could do, but when she asked my name and address she said, "Oh Sir, you have renewed that last year." What the hell?  Had I been identity filched?  I told her I had no memory of that. At that point, probably she had noticed my birthdate.  "Sir," she said loudly and slowly, "Turn over your drivers license and look on the back.  Is there a sticker there?"  Why yes there was.  She informed me that they had sent me that sticker a year ago with instructions to attach it to the back of my license.  "Oh, of course," I said, though I had no memory of that.  I just now looked at my license in order to give a more detailed description of the sticker and it was not there.  Apparently I have gotten a new license since then.  I have no memory of that either.  How time flies.

You do need a drivers license, or I suppose that fuddy duddy state ID, to get on an airplane.  There was a flap about a year ago about the jackbooted TSA folks no longer accepting Illinois drivers licenses because something about them was not up to date because we were too cheap because we have no money, but I think that has been smoothed over..


I like BeagleBoys.  'Sonians! sounds a little like we are one of those religious flying saucer cults.  BeagleBoys is much more respectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment