Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

objective reality

I guess I am still a little confused about grabbing ass.  What sort of specific physical manifestation does it refer to: actual grabbing of ass, goosing, punching the shoulder?  I can't say that I remember it from my youth, and what I saw in the schools as a sub was of the play-fighting variety.

I don't know nothing about no trees neither.  In grade school they made us keep leaf books, which were, well, books of leaves, an elm leaf, a maple, an oak.  Pausing at the keys here I am at a loss for other kind of trees,  Oh wait catalpa trees!  Why aren't all trees catalpa trees?  Nice fragrant flowers and those cool Indian cigars.  I suppose with all their showy hijinks though that they are maybe not as hardy as the boring oaks, maples, and elms.  Well and fruit trees of course, and evergreens, or as I call them, Christmas trees.  In Austin they had a lot of pecan trees so that people would walk through the neighborhoods picking them up off the street.


I thought there would be more interest in the internet swamp that I referenced in my earlier post.  Whenever I do Institute related internet research, I come across, amid the staid, stodgy, useful sources, some wild shit,  Here are the stories that They, not the They that Beagles speaks of,who are running everything and trying to get us to believe things so that They can pursue their nefarious plans  but the other They, the They who are wise to the way of  They and are bringing you the stories that They don't want you to hear about. I assume that They make all their plans in posh drawing rooms amid brandy and cigars.  While They, who are unmasking They, do theirs in Their parents' basements amid Cheeto crumbs.

Anyway They all post each other's posts onto their pitiful blogs, so it is like an echo chamber and to the unwary internet traveler it is likely to appear that here is something that everybody is talking about so maybe there is something going on here.

From much earlier discussions of The Institute I think we have agreed that there is an objective reality that all can agree on.  If I say there is a mighty oak fifty feet tall in my backyard, this can easily be confirmed by going into my backyard and seeing for yourselves.  Since I know this, I am unlikely to claim that the tree is sixty feet high, knowing that I can easily be disproved by a visit to my backyard.

See here is the difference between the big girl and the carrot top.  Hilary claims she did no wrong with her email because of this and that and if you follow it through there is no outright lie, but there is a continual bending of truth and a maze of misdirection.  Trump claims that thousands of muslims were cheering from the rooftops of New Jersey even though there are no reports of that happening.  Trump simply insists that he saw it, and people who say otherwise are liars.

I maintain that there is a difference between bending the truth and outright lying, and that bending the truth is better, because it doesn't deny objective reality.  As long as we have objective reality we can discuss and reason, but once we abandon it we are savages squealing in the swamp.

As members of a forum for reasonable discussion among reasonable people we should all find the development of the internet swamp and rise of Carrot Top alarming.

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment