Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Sample Was Ample

 I watched the first half hour, which is more than I usually watch one of those things.  I found it humorous at first, but it got old really quick.  Then I went to the news app on my computer, and there were several articles about it already, which all said pretty much the same things that Uncle Ken said.  Even though it was still in progress, they all wrote about it as if they had seen it yesterday.  When I left, I had the feeling that the rest of it wasn't going to be substantially different from what I had already seen.  Maybe that's what the writers on my news app were thinking too, so they figured they might as well write it up and do something interesting with the rest of their evening.

Speaking of bull shit, my neighbor has been flying a Trump flag in his yard since early spring.  It says, "Trump 2020 - No More Bull Shit".   I was puzzled the first time I saw it because the two statements contradict each other.  Then I got to thinking that it's really all bull shit, it's only a question of if you prefer Trump's bull shit or somebody else's bull shit.  

My position on Trump remains unchanged, I don't like him but I'm going to vote for him anyway.  I will be surprised if he wins, but I don't want him to lose because of my vote.  Like I said previously, I care more about issues than I do about personalities.  Trump is an asshole, no doubt about it, but he's all we've got.  Better an asshole Republican than any kind of Democrat because the Democrats want to raise our taxes, take away our guns, and let illegal immigrants over run our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment