Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Copping an attitude

Was the cop kind of waiting around for a bribe?

Maybe, maybe not; after all this time it's impossible to say.  The police, in my experience, have an incredible amount of discretion and if they're not already writing in their ticket book you might enjoy a little wiggle room.  I'm not saying that some of them are lazy but, again in my experience, they don't like all the paperwork involved (who would?) and they don't like going to court.  If you don't behave like a jerk and if you're not perceived as a threat you could very well walk away after having had the fear of god put into you.

If you're strolling along, minding your own business, and happen to encounter an on-duty officer don't avoid eye contact or otherwise act suspicious; they develop keen instincts.  I want to stay off their radar (especially on the road, ha, ha) but if I encounter them and make eye contact I simply nod to acknowledge their presence and continue on my way.  Sometimes they even nod back but in any case they usually decide to ignore me, which is exactly what I want.

Whether on duty or off I don't see any point in discussing hot button topics like BLM with any police officer.  Unless you are a fellow officer I don't think they will trust you and be 100% candid, that's just the way it is.

-----

Big debate coming up tonight and I'll make a prediction: there will be no debate.  Some kind of phony crisis will come up and demand the full attention of the Tax Dodger in Chief.  Any number of players could be involved, guys like Putin, Kim, or Xi and some kind of political theater will be created to make Trump look good.  It could happen, you know.

I'm not sure about that Supreme Court nominee.  There's something about a woman having seven children that makes me question her judgement unless she's a full-time Mom.  You can call me old fashioned on this one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment