Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

lockdown works but some will never understand and i am tired of wasting my time on it

Sometimes you come across the phrase that that somebody made something out of whole cloth.  Often it is incorrectly used to mean that someone is being truthful because whole cloth sounds like a good thing, but that is not the meaning it means well total bullshit.  

Such is the case with Uncle Ken seems to be saying that the only alternative to a lockdown is certain death.

I never said anything remotely like that.  I have no idea from what Beagles conjured that.  It is like I said Beagles seems to be saying I am an ignorant fellow and I reason from the heart not the mind.  Which is the impression I get.  I previously said I was no longer going to discuss lockdown with Beagles because it is useless, and then I somehow got lured into doing it again.  I have presented the facts, a little knowledge of science, math, and logic, would compel a reasonable to conclude lockdown works, but Beagles is not such a fellow and I will again wash my hands of this topic of conversation.

 What about all the people who supported the lockdowns and died anyway? 

What about all the people who never smoked and then got cancer?  Is this supposed to be an argument for or against anything?

Okay now I am through.  I will no longer discuss this issue.


the common enemy of an inept government heavily influenced by big business and foreign interests.

Hasn't that always been the perception of a lot of Americans?  What makes the current situation different?  The cellphone of course, the black community, and to a lesser extent the white community has known that the cops have long shown a more unpleasant side to black people than to white people, but until the cellphone it has been successfully covered up.  I think the current wave has begun with the killing of George Floyd, clear as a bell and lasting several minutes.  The first issue is shouldn't the cop be charged with this, didn't he wrongly kill a man?  I'm not sure what is going on with that right now, last I heard he is asking for charges to be dropped.  Anyway I don't see how anybody can say otherwise than that we shouldn't let these guys skate.

One reason these guys skate so often is because all sort of loopholes are written into cops contracts that make it impossible to fire them let alone charge them with a crime?  Isn't this wrong?  Shouldn't something be done about this?  This is a harder thing to do because you would have to do it city by city, contract by contract, but shouldn't we at least be starting on this?

These were the main items on the blm agenda, and I think that was right but it seems like their demands have expanded and gotten well a little loony.


It seems to me that if you want to discuss the current situation you have to take this shit into account rather than talking about big business, foreign interests, and ineptitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment