Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2020

just a little more chat about police officers

What I was talking about when I was talking about talking to a cop, I mean police officer, was not trying to talk myself out of trouble, or idle chit chat, but asking about the situation with blm.  Under my debunked theory of the method of The Liberal Agenda where if parties have a problem between them they can calmly and honestly talk to each other and work it through, I don't think that can happen between civilians and police officers.  But I think I have exhausted this topic so perhaps it is time to move on.


Old Dog had a link recently that spoke of the cops of our youth, and I remember that the idea that you could bribe a cop was pretty common, and it seems like for good reason.  People still joke about it, but I don't know if it is still prevalent.  What is most common now is the cops that beat confessions out of suspects, and rogue cops in special units who infiltrate drug gangs and then become part of them.  


Since that looting episode in early August things have been remarkably calm.  The bridges have been down and the demonstrations have been small and peaceful.  I wonder what happened with the dim bulbs that were tearing down all those statues.  It was a big deal and then it stopped as soon as it started.  I like to think they came to their senses, but I suspect it was just the new shiny thing at the time and lost its luster soon,  

And the shootings at demonstrations seem to have stopped.  Speaking of which, remember those cops who got shot in Louisville?  That certainly seemed to be a big thing, but now, over a week later there has been no further information.


The cops are out in force now, a couple squad cars are positioned on upper Wacker 24/7.  As you walk downtown you will come across a knot of officers every two or three blocks.  

I would kind of like to speak to them, oh just to say a top of the morning to them, but they are not much for eye contact.  I wonder what they think of us civilians strolling down the street in our masks coming and going as we please, unencumbered by a holster and pistol and a bulletproof jacket, and the task of enforcing order.  Do they have that dim view that comes from seeing humanity as its worse?  Do they think we are thinking of how to defund them or to make changes in the police contract that will make it easier for them to be indicted?  


I don't know what to make of Beagles' in that St Ignance Incident.  Was the cop kind of waiting around for a bribe?  Was he enchanted by Beagle's surprising openness, and decided to while away an hour or two in not over friendly nor obsequious conversation.  Just two ships that passed in the night I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment