Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Tuesday Quickie

Sometimes you feel like a chump, sometimes you don't.  Only last week I wrote:

I was expecting a huge surge of cases from the biker rally in Sturgis but there have not been that many, relatively speaking.

Boy, did I miss the boat on that one!  The news today, from Mother Jones, is "Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Is Now Linked to More Than 250,000 Coronavirus Cases."

There is a good case to be made for keeping one's mouth shut.

-----

Last week I saw some plastic wrapped firewood at the local supermarket and I thought of that old log splitter, Mr. Beagles, and his preparations for the coming winter.  There must be more decorative fireplaces than I thought since most buildings around here use electric or gas for heating, but you never know.  Maybe the wood is being used for some fancy barbecue or grilling.  Anyhow, the price of that wood seemed exorbitant to me, it works out to $10 per cubic foot.  That means that a cord of wood costs over a thousand dollars according to my reckoning.  Does that sound expensive to you, Mr. Beagles, and represent a possible revenue stream?

I don't think Mr. Beagles is a big fan of YouTube but I found a channel that I think would be useful for the smooth operation of Beaglesonia.  It's called Project Farm and it's run by a guy who tests and compares all kinds of stuff, adhesives, paints, lubricants, duck tape, engine additives, fasteners, you name it.  He buys the stuff himself and pulls no punches, making all kinds of interesting test fixtures and protocols.  He talks fast, though, and packs a lot of information into each video and lets you make your own conclusion.  I'm not usually in the market for stuff like penetrating oil but it's fun to watch this guy put various brands to the test.  You can find him here.



No comments:

Post a Comment