Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Simple choices

"As you know i don't believe in free will for people so why am i going to believe in it for computers."

Is this Uncle Ken's version of click-bait?  I don't recall the subject of free will ever being discussed at the seminars but there's a lot I don't recall, so it's possible it was discussed at length and resolved to everyone's satisfaction.  And I'll leave it at that.

-----

My foray to understand certain aspects of reality has left me exhausted after encountering the following two items:

Objective vs. Subjective Reality in Barton Fink (title of article)

and 

The philosophic solution that Lenin (and Engels) proposed was "dialectical materialism", wherein matter is defined as objective reality, theoretically consistent with (new) developments occurred in the sciences.

The great sage Harry Callahan once stated "A man's GOT to know his limitations," and if there is a connection between Barton Fink and dialectical materialism I know I'm in over my head and it's time to bail out.  Besides, who wants to argue with Dirty Harry?

No comments:

Post a Comment