Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

not much to say

I'm sure we also know how Illinois got that huge slice of southern Wisconsin.otherwise Illinois would have been Indiana,  But after that I don't have much else.

And the Old Dog is down, sounds like a power surge fried his modem.  His wifi modem.  And here I am in the familiar situation of not knowing what I am talking about. Used to be you had a modem and it plugged into your phone line and into your computer and that was that.  It was a little slow but it played that data music of bumps and beeps which was somewhat charming.  Then I think they started putting the modems into the computers, and you plugged the computer into the phone line, but it was no longer a phone line it was a DSL or maybe cable, though it still all came out of the same hole in the wall, and then there were routers which connected to the hole in the wall and then just sent out waves that your computer and printer and other stuff I guess could pick up on,  Anymore I have a cardboard box behind the computer and there is the RCN machine which has way more lights than I can tell what is going on, and the router, which sometimes I can fix things by turning it on and off and then there is an octopus of wires and cables which I hope I never have to touch, and there are several passwords somehow involved that I have written down on some scrap of paper tucked into the closet which I hope I never have to look up.

I'm a little confused about the security issues of using the computer in the library.  How are they different from security issues at home?  Actually wouldn't they be worse at home?  And who is the other side taking names?  Oh wait a minute it's not the library, it's Starbucks.  Well I guess they (is this Beagles's THEY) could track you from there.  Sounds like a lot of work though, to track all those clickety clackers in all the Starbucks in all the country

Well I just don't  have much to say this morning.  Scanning  the newspaper I see that the princess has died, too bad, seemed like a nice enough girl.  Then there are those mall events.  For all the fighting that went on, nobody got seriously hurt which makes me think it was all some sort of prank.  I will be waiting on breaking developments.


No comments:

Post a Comment