Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Trump Marches On

Thanks to Uncle Ken for clarifying that De Vos issue.  I have read vague references to it, but I didn't know what they were talking about.  The election is tomorrow, and I've got to vote for somebody, so I think I'll stick with Dixon as the lesser of five evils.  I agree that Queen Gretchen will probably get re-elected, but she won't do it with my vote. 

The political survival of Trump never ceases to amaze me.  I thought he would be history after the January 6 riot, but he keeps hanging on like an albatross around the neck of the Republican Party.  I suppose it's because he tells people what they want to hear, but there must be somebody else out there who can do that without being Trump.  That's what I would like to see, the Trump agenda without the Trump.  

Meanwhile back at the mid-terms, it will be interesting to see what effect the latest redistricting will have on the balance of power in the Michigan legislature.  Queen Gretchen wouldn't be that hard to take if the Republicans maintained their majority in both houses.  Remember, our legislature no longer does its own redistricting, it's done by a citizen's committee that is supposed to be fair and impartial.  Last I heard, they were being sued by a couple of Black districts that were split up, leaving neither of them with a Black majority.  Like Uncle Ken said, gerrymandering can backfire on you, and it appears that de-gerrymandering can too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment