Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2022

the dope store

 Is opening day a big deal among deer hunters?  Is it like, let's hurry up and get one before all the good ones are gone?  Or is it like those idiots who used to line up a day before the latest Star Wars movie?  I would guess one day is as good as any other in the freehold, so does this mean that you will go later or will you just let it slide for the year?

The way I always looked at aging is that the older you get fun becomes less important and comfort becomes more important.  

Speaking of fun I went to the dope store last week.  I don't smoke a lot so I haven't been there since covid.  Still a little bureaucratic, you have to show your id at the first station, at the second you make your selection.  In the old days you would just want good dope.  It went by various names but who knew what you got and the only thing you cared about was getting high, but now there are all these different kinds, and there is that sativa, indica thing.  I don't really care much, I just want the most thc per cost.  Anyway you can spend as much time as you like at the selection station yabbing on and on about this and that to the dope expert while dope fiends behind you stare steak knives at your back.  I, of course, had made my decision from the website before leaving and the expert put it in and waved me on to the next station, where you have to pay in cash and get your little package.  Exiting the door you give the sidewalk and streets a quick glance, any dirty coppers out there? just for old times sake.

I understand that there is still a healthy underground for marijuana, and once you pay the twenty percent tax, you are paying quite a bit more, and you know I miss the fun of dealing with the dealer, but I like the comfort of just standing in line like at Target.


That Hitler thing sounds like a variant of the let sour kraut sprout ditty. I don't think I ever heard that Mussolini one.

There was another little ditty based on the song Round and Round.

Find a wheel, and drop it down and down

Till it hits the school with a happy sound

All the teachers blowing round and round

Something, something, something.


There wasn't a clear connection, but after the Our Lady of Angels fire they cracked down on us singing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment