Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2022

photos of the trip


 Here is where Beagles learned to read, rite, and rithmatic, and home of the notorious denim debacle.


Here is what once was the Elsdon Methodist Church.  I enlarged it so that you can see the sign that says Chicago Ghanian SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) Church.  It didn't look like it was occupied, but it is well-kept and it has a presence on the web so I don't know.

And here is where proud Talman's once stood.  Now a 
Starbucks and LA Fitness.  What is this, the north side?


Klockner's flower shop.  The only thing I could find that was still there from the days of Beagles and Uncle Ken.


And the Colony Theater where one summer I watched Yul Brynner stalk the burning sands of the desert in air conditioning so comfortable that I could feel my toes tingle.

All in all the old hood looks good.  There are some vacant shops but the bungalow streets are neat as a pin the way I remember them from my days of riding my trike under the shade of tall trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment