Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Anything is Possible

But some things are not bloody likely.  I don't make political predictions anymore.  Like Old Dog says, who could have predicted Trump's victory in 2016?  I remember the headline in our daily newspaper: "Trump wins in stunning upset!"   

I read Uncle Ken's link.  Actually, I scan read a lot of it because it's really long, but I think I got the main gist of it.  Besides, I'm familiar with the gerrymandering controversy due to Uncle Ken's past mention of it.  I did not know, however, that it was mostly state legislative districts that were allegedly gerrymandered. In Michigan it was also about congressional districts.  Be that as it may, Michigan has since been de-gerrymandered, or so they say.  I make no predictions, but it will be interesting to see if the balance of power is significantly affected by this.  I haven't seen the map, but I understand that neither the state nor federal districts in which I live have changed much.  

I think the common way to preserve sauerkraut is canning in glass jars, at least that's the way I've always seen it in the stores.  I have heard that, in Korea, they bury it in the backyard, in some kind of container, and dig it up months later.  I wouldn't think it would be fit to eat after all that, but I have been told it's an acquired taste.  It seems you would have to stop the fermentation at some point regardless, like you do with alcoholic beverages.    

No comments:

Post a Comment