Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Good One!

 We have indeed heard this one before, but one never gets tired of these old classics.  I seem to remember that there was more to it, kind of an introduction that begins at home, where the guy is patiently waiting for his wife fix supper.  That was also good, but I suppose not necessary if you are working with a time limit for your presentation.  If you had to shorten the story, that was a reasonable part to cut.  I caught one error that I don't remember from the last time.  In paragraph eight he mentions that the beers he has been drinking were priced at six dollars apiece.  Then in paragraph 21, he needs four dollars for the last one and only has three.  He mentions that his first nine beers were pints, but doesn't specify the size of this last one, which might explain the discrepancy in price, but this was not made clear.  

Uncle Ken's balcony garden looks really good this year.  Just think of what he could do if he had 88 acres of prime swamp land to work with.  I haven't planted anything in years, it's all I can do anymore just to keep my driveway and trails open.  

No comments:

Post a Comment