Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2022

flying pigs and kimchi

 Even as I was writing that whole when pigs fly thing, I was thinking of Trump coming down that escalator.  Sure was dead wrong on that thing.  I don't know what to say.

I wouldn't say we came through Trump quite well.  There were those that died of covid that didn't need to, the brutal treatment of immigrants, that supreme court, but the worst thing was him breaking the surly bonds of truth so that now nobody need feel bad about lying their ass off.  Of course politicians have always lied, but it was more in the form of stretching the truth.  Before Trump if you got caught in a bald-faced lie you would be in deep shit, now it's not even a parking ticket.  The capital got attacked and now we have gangs of armed goons camped outside FBI offices.

But he never started a war.  That surprised me, you would think a beribboned Private Bone Spurs would have liked nothing more than to be marching drum major style down Pennsylvania Avenue.


Yar, I like to stick with the original name.  My sister who now lives fourteen stories above me insists on calling it Willis Tower, and Macy's and the IBM tower whatever it is supposed to be called now, embarrasses the hell out of me when I am with her.  Prolly though it was a good move to start calling them Brazil nuts.

There is still a stretch of 4000 W way north that is called Crawford.  Do the school kids there not get Casimer Pulaski Day off?


The cataract operation is indeed no big deal.  The worst thing about it is that they want you to hang around the hospital for a few hours afterwards.  I made a break for it but ended up going down one of those staircases where all the doors lock when closed.  I had to sheepishly knock on the door and tell them that I was looking for the bathroom which they did not believe, and afterwards watched me like a hawk.  But the next day when they took off the bandages I could see for miles and it knocked my socks off.  Did Old Dog's socks remain on his feet?


My fullbreed Bohunk mother always put sugar on the sauerkraut, which seems like some kind of sacrilege, and maybe because, deep as my love is for the cabbage family, of that I never took to it.  Who remembers this ditty, which apparently google does not, from our youth?

My father was a spy

Caught by the FBI

Something, something, something

From every mountain top

Let sauerkraut sprout 


I wonder if what Beagles is thinking of is Kimchi.  A delightful Korean condiment.  They give you a little dish of it with your food and you spread it on like mustard.  Very hot.  Very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment