Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2022

It's Not Always About Trump

 I understand that Uncle Ken is disappointed by Tudor Dixon's winning of the Republican nomination for governor because she is the one candidate who might have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Queen Gretchen.  That's one of the reasons I voted for her myself, not because of Trump's last-minute endorsement.  Indeed, you might say that I voted for Dixon in spite of Trump's endorsement, not because of it.  

There were no Libertarians on the ballot because this was a primary, you can either vote for Democratic candidates or Republican candidates but not for both, and certainly not for Libertarians who don't even have a primary in Michigan.  I didn't know if there were any non-Trumpist Republican candidates in Michigan, but I just found out there was at least one.  He was not running for governor, he was running for re-election to Congress, and not in my district.  Turned out he was defeated, largely because of a false flag ad put out by Democrats who thought his Trumpist opponent would be easier to beat in November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/democrats-should-hang-their-heads-in-shame-for-helping-oust-principled-republican/ar-AA10gBT5?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

I seem to remember that Uncle Ken was ecstatic when Trump won the Republican nomination in 2016 because that surely meant Hillary was going to win in November.  I speculated that maybe he was sent by somebody for that very reason, but it backfired on them when Trump won.  Now I wonder if that isn't why they are keeping him around after all these years.  They keep investigating him but not charging him, except for that impeachment thing which they knew was doomed to failure.  If Trump was in prison where he belongs, they couldn't use him to cast aspersions on all the other Republican candidates and everybody who votes for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment