Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2022

A Vote for Dixon is a Vote for Dixon

 What the author is saying is that some things are more important to many of the voters than Trump.  She asserts that candidates from both parties will lose votes if they try to make the election about Trump instead of the current issues.  I thought that she made her point clearly and did not find the article to be particularly long or meandering.  While not exactly identical, I thought that her statements tended to reinforce some statements that I had made in my last few posts.  Since my statements were made so recently, I didn't see the need to restate them.

The thing is, I decided to vote for Dixon before Trump bestowed his last-minute endorsement upon her.  If I were to change my mind at that point, I would be letting Trump influence my vote, which I was not interested in doing.  Besides, there were three other candidates that Trump could have endorsed just as easily.  I figured it was at least possible that the only reason he endorsed Dixon was that she appeared to be leading the pack at the moment, which was not so apparent earlier in the campaign. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment