Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

the burning bed bandit

 The burning bed bandit?  Hey now here is something that sticks out in a recitation of old roads of Cheboygan, but then the subject is dropped without further mention.  A blog search reveals nothing, nor does a document search, and Old Man Google simply shrugs at mention of the burning bed bandit Cheboygan.  So what is the story here?


Oh I get why Biden shouldn't have said what he said, but it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me.  He didn't specifically say regime change, he was just expressing his opinion same like us denizens of The Institute do.  The taking it back part was awfully clumsy though, if he didn't favor regime change did that mean he favored leaving Putin in power?  They should have just brushed it off at the press conference, much like Will Smith brushed off Kevin Hart.  Now that is something that will eat up more ink than anything Biden says.


There seems to be something afoot where Putin will take parts of eastern Ukraine and leave the rest of Ukraine alone.  You hate to see Putin get a prize for his actions, but then you see that endless parade of woeful immigrants and bombed out buildings, and you think maybe that is the way to go.


When Old Dog said that I Never Picked Cotton had two authors I assumed that it was Johnny Cash and some other guy, but poking around later I noticed that Johnny Cash  was neither of the authors.  Well shit.  It certainly sounds like Johnny Cash with that rich old-time slangy tone.  I guess I can only say that Johnny chose it because it sounded like something that he would have written.

Speaking of which, sort of, I mentioned that Nanci Griffith was my favorite songwriter and here is a song that she didn't write, but I like for it's old timey tone, 30's I would guess.  Well I just like it.  The dawgs can have their own opinions on it of course.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QAXmqIdweA

No comments:

Post a Comment