Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2022

Cheboygan Main Street: My new favorite Main Street

 When you get a smart phone one of the features is a newsfeed.  When you click on (sorry on a smart phone you poke it) your browser icon it shows your eight favorite sites and below that are about twenty articles that the phone deems you might be interested in.  And there are some on politics or science or history in which I am sometimes interested but the rest is all like celebrities and sports and cooking and that kind of crapola.  

There never seems to be enough news for me, so when I get a quiet moment where I could be doing something to make it a better world I find myself scrolling through the pseudo news and that is where I came across this.

https://www.cheboygannews.com/story/opinion/columns/2022/03/10/cheboygan-main-street-my-new-favorite-main-street/9413890002/


As Monty Python said in their heyday, nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition, and I say to you on this snowy morning, I never expected to see Cheboygan Michigan on my smart phone.  Oh well I know that there is a lot of info on me from everything I do on the web and I am not surprised to see like articles on movies that I search for appearing in the newsfeed, but Cheboygan seemed awfully specific.  

Could it be that my phone is reading the blog?  I would be happy to think that anybody or anything was reading my golden words, but probably not.

I have a Yahoo weather thing I go to when I am too lazy to stick my head out the window which also allows me to see what the weather is in other places and when the weather is really cold and crappy here I sometimes look up Cheboygan to be cheered by the knowledge that the weather is worse somewhere else.  So that is where this spritely article by always upbeat and sunny Maggie Badgley comes from.

I think it comes from the Cheboygan Daily Tribune.  Beagles may have already read it.  Even now he is likely planning to drop by the Nourish Cafe for an amazing Harvest Bowl and a latte, hoping to run into Merry Maggie and discuss the goings on in the world that the dull fellows of The Institute seem to drone on about endlessly, especially that one guy who won't be mentioned, except to say that he is not a dawg.

I hear that it will be ten below wind chill tomorrow morning when the river will be dyed in front of what I expect to be a sparse crowd of drunken teenagers.  But the next day we will begin to soar into the fifties and sixties.  And the sun will be setting later.  And the ballplayers will be batting the horsehide around in Florida and Arizona.

So there is that.  Happy Friday.  And Beagles, get your butt out to Main Street and see the wonder.  But hey, be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment