Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Aid and Comfort

 I don't normally donate to charities, but last night I gave a hundred dollars to the United Ukrainian American Relief Committee.  I know it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but it made me feel that I was doing something instead of just talking about it.  I checked out several of the many existing organizations, and this one seemed to be the most reliable.  I tried sending the money directly to the Ukrainian military through the National Bank of Ukraine, but I couldn't make my card work.  It occurred to me that my card might not be valid outside the U.S., or that the National Bank of Ukraine might have been bombed out of existence by now, so I decided that a U.S. based charity would be a safer bet.  Here is their link if anybody is interested:

United Ukrainian American Relief Committee, Inc. (uuarc.org)

I see that Putin is seeking material aid and comfort from Red China now, but that Red China seems to be reluctant to provide it.  Of course, we don't know that for a fact because those Orientals are inscrutable.  Personally, I doubt that those crafty devils are eager to kill the goose that has been laying golden eggs for them lo these many years, but that's just my opinion.  

Speaking of Putin, I am reminded of a Biblical quote, I believe from the Book of Revelation:  "Satan has great rage for he knows that his time is short."  

The last time I drove down Cheboygan's Main Street, I hardly recognized it, but then I don't get around much anymore.  I knew, however, that it had been evolving into a strip of touristy boutique shops for some time.  Nothing wrong with that, but it's not exactly my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment