Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2022

"Poland is Not Yet Lost"

 That was the motto of Poland throughout more than a century of foreign domination, and as far as I know, it still is.  While reading this article, it occurred to me that the same can be said about Ukraine.  "Ukraine is not yet lost.", it's got a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  

At the end of the article are some secondary links, the first one of which provides "live" updates on the situation.  I know that Uncle Ken has been closely following the CNN news, but this is from the BBC, which might offer a different perspective.  According to them, the Russian invasion is showing signs of faltering.  The Russians are continuing to experience supply problems, and they may even be running out of missiles.  Meanwhile, the Ukrainians shot down 10 Russian planes just on Wednesday with their own missiles, which we gave them.  They said something about the Russians no longer having air superiority, which, if true, would be good news indeed.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-poland-s-businesses-are-helping-ukrainians/ar-AAVd2oG?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

I may not have made this clear last night, but my response to French Paul was a copy of a letter to the editor that I sent to our local paper.  The Cheboygan Daily Tribune has become part of a large conglomerate known as "the U.S.A. Today Network."  There is more and better news coverage now, but the comics still suck, and there is still too much sports coverage for my taste.  You may remember that I used to say,  "What this paper needs is more news, less sports, and better comics." Well, I guess one out of three is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment