Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Marching out of here

Thanks for the heads up on Nanci Griffith, Uncle Ken.  I don't think I was ever aware of her but she may have come and gone in the recesses of my memory.  My tastes in music ebb and flow, always shifting; I'll like something for a while and then I don't like it anymore but then years later I like it again.  You may call it wishy-washy but I call it a nuanced appreciation of the fluid nature of artistic expression.  That was a nice song but they could have eased up on the background music, a little too loud for me to enjoy her singing.

I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Uncle Ken regarding Johnny Cash as a songwriter.  That song about the chain gang, the one he sings with Waylon Jennings?  He didn't write that one, either.

-----

Perhaps Old Dog is referring to Isle Royale National Park...

No, Mr. Beagles, I know the difference and what a remote location Isle Royale is.  Many years ago, way back in the 20th century, I worked with a lady who was recently married and the newlyweds spent a week-long honeymoon camping on Isle Royale.  The marriage did not get off to a good start, eventually failing miserably and hardening her heart.  A sad tale, to be sure.

I'm glad the ammo situation has improved.  Last year my brother-in-law, the retired police officer, had a devil of a time getting .38 Special ammo for his weapon qualification as a security guard.  He had to get some shipped in from some friends in Michigan (!).

-----

Every kid had a stack about two feet high...

Yeah, two feet sounds about right.

 -----

Some people say I suck, others say I blow and they're both right.  A little something I picked up a few days ago; time to see how easily the neighbors get annoyed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment