Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Was the Election Rigged?

 I neglected to answer this question in my last post, so I'm going to do it now.  I think it's unlikely that the 2020 election was rigged.  Notice I said "unlikely" and not "impossible".  That's because I believe that all things are possible, but some things are not bloody likely.  With any operation of that size, there are bound to be some irregularities, either accidently or on purpose, but I don't think they were enough to affect the outcome in this case.  The reason I think that is this election was probably the most audited one in U.S. history, and I have not heard of any of the audits finding any major discrepancies. 

In his last post, Uncle Ken asserts that both he and I believe the news.  I'm not so sure about that. What about Fox News?  What about the supermarket tabloids?  I suppose the argument could be made that those are not "true" news sources, but you could say that about any news source that you don't like.  I guess I could say that I generally believe the news, but I take it all with the proverbial grain of salt because modern journalism tends to blur the distinction between fact and opinion.  

I didn't mean to defend the rabid anti-vaxxers, I was trying to point out that everybody who has declined to be vaccinated is not a rabid anti-vaxxer.  Some of them have reservations that seem reasonable to them, even though they don't seem reasonable to us, and I was trying to look at it from their point pf view.

Welcome abord Boxer.  Sorry to hear that you are in the middle of the Blizzard of '22.  Our winter has been relatively mild this year.   The Jet Stream has been shunting most of the snow to the south of us, although we have had our share of bone chilling cold lately.  

This just in from Canada:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60190452

Canada?  Unlikely!  Canadians are much too polite and civilized to do something like this, or so I have been told.  Must be fake news.

No comments:

Post a Comment