Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Protest Fever

 After I signed off last night, I got to thinking that there might be a new virus going around.  Afflicted people have this uncontrollable urge to go out into the street and make fools of themselves.  The anti-vaxxers might have planned this one, but as soon as it got underway, all kinds of freaks and weirdos came out of the woodwork, as so often happens with protest demonstrations.  It could have been worse, though.  As far as I know it didn't turn violent this time.

I found this article on my news app, which is the only way I would have heard of it, since I missed my 20 minutes of TV news last night and our local paper doesn't come out on Sunday or Monday.  I don't make a habit of reading the Daily Beast, but I don't avoid their articles on my app either if the subject interests me. 

I used to think that the natural man had a heart of gold, and it was civilization that made him all dark and grotty.  Some time ago, I found out that theory was developed by a French guy, Rousseau I think, and that he probably didn't know what he was talking about.  Nevertheless, I would still rather live in a rural setting.  At least there I don't have to be crammed into elevators with annoying people.  



































No comments:

Post a Comment