Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

dead of winter, nothing to say, no drums to play

 I have never seen bongo drums outside of a movie, and I have to ask Old Dog why does his friend ask?


The sun is rising one minute earlier than it did yesterday.  This is the first time that has happened since the solstice.  A few days from now it will rise another minute earlier and the process will accelerate, but then we have all been through this process many times.  

We got hit pretty hard by this latest cold snap, and like those tiresome snowbirds that can't wait to put photos of their daffodils on fb to show their former neighbors, I switched my weather map to Cheboygan and I have to say I was disappointed that you guys weren't all that much colder than we were.  In fact I have noticed that friends who live two hundred miles to the south have much warmer weather while those who live two hundred miles to the north, it's not that much colder.  Lake effect I guess.


January 6th CNN devoted the whole fucking day to last year's January 6th, and I had to wonder why they bothered.  All the people outside of Trumpland already know his perfidy and all those inside would never believe it if they saw it, which they won't anyway.

Kind of interesting stuff going on about collusion between Trump and Hannity and Tucker is doing the deep end thing, but that's probably only interesting to political nuts like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment