Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2022

A Blast From the Past

 Carl Bednar (Blissfest) "Hold Back The Dawn" Full Album, 1994 - YouTube

I got a phone call the other day from one C. A. Harvey who is affiliated with the BlissFest Music Organization.  He had found a copy of the tape I made back in 1994 and asked permission to put it on his YouTube channel.  He was particularly interested in the Porta-Potty song, and I got the impression that was the only one he was going to post, but he apparently posted the whole album.  He did a professional job of it too, considering what he had to work with.  He must have found a couple of old photos of me at the festival and worked them into the visual display.  

This was a studio recording, but being unemployed at the time, I bought the cheapest package they had: one recording session, one take, one mic, one track, and one beer when we were finished.  I found out later that the pros only record one song a day and keep doing it over and over again until they're satisfied with it, but I never claimed to be a pro.    

3 comments:

  1. Kudos, Mr. Beagles! I proudly state that I gave it the first "thumbs up," and downloaded it for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, congratulations! I liked, "The Bliss Work Song"

    ReplyDelete