Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

the joker becomes the king

Yes the repubs were investigating everything Clinton.  My point was that Beagles never complained about them taking too long and costing too much money.  Maybe he never got around to it.

But seriously Russians and the prez collaborating to win the election?  Doesn't that sound like something that should be looked into?  And if Beagles was paying attention there was plenty of evidence that this might be going on.  And part of the reason it took so long and cost so much money is the prez obstructed it at every turn.  And actually Mueller never said peep.  It was mostly the prez, but also the dems who kept bringing it to the front page. 

I don't think everybody knew what Nixon was like because his popularity went south with Watergate so his supporters must have had a change in their opinion.  Of course no such thing is possible with Trump (though I note he has dropped a few points in the latest polls, but I don't want to get my hopes up.  I have been disappointed often in the past.), but the idea that most Americans wanted him to be prez therefore we should let him do whatever he wants is erroneous in that more Americans voted against him than for him, only an unfair outdated election system gave him victory. 


Oh and I had a thought about Beagles while I was facing the board Thursday.  That no colored lights rule went into effect before last Christmas and the board decided not to enforce it at that time.  Well I said why don't we just not enforce it?  I won't say that an audible gasp went up from the board, but it was close to that.  Why, why, that can't be done they stuttered, it would set a terrible precedent.  I didn't mention the rule they passed five years ago where all cats had to be registered and photographed and the owners had to pay a fee, which has never been enforced and the result has not been anarchy in the hallways, because I felt I was winning my point and I did not want to piss them off.


Re: the joker in the Ukraine there was an article in the New Yorker just after Christmas https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donald-trump-as-an-icon-of-american-success about how the producer of Survivor took a down on the heels, distrusted by his fellow real estate types, nowhere man with amber waves of hair and made him the star of The Apprentice, and the rest is history.

We laugh at the clowns in Ukraine, the Phillipines, Italy, Brazil, but then we have to look at who we elected.  When I was in Texas I thought geez what a bunch of nutty cowboys and then I opened the newspaper and a bunch of Larouchies had swept the dem primary.


Oh and did you see where Dumb and Dumber got busted along the border?     https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/4/21/18509998/fbi-arrests-leader-private-militia-accused-of-detaining-migrants-on-us-border

No comments:

Post a Comment