Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Checking In

I listened to Uncle Ken's song, but I couldn't understand most of the words.  I don't know if it was because of her accent or the quality of the recording.  I have that problem a lot with rock and country music, so maybe it's just me.

How about that Mueller report?  It seems that everybody who reads it gets something different out of it.  I'm looking forward to hearing Uncle Ken's take on it because, if you can't believe a Beaglesonian, who can you believe?  I read something, or maybe I saw it on TV, the other day that said, according to a recent poll, people have pretty much lost faith in the news media, and that they trust Wikipedia as much as any other source.  They seemed to imply that was a bad thing, but I'm not sure why.

I see that Joe Biden is promising to return America to the way it was before Trump took office.  That makes him sound like a reactionary.  Trump used to be a reactionary, but now he's more of a progressive because he wants to keep things going in the direction that they are now, only faster.

Here's one for the "Every time you think you've seen it all, you discover that you ain't seen nothing yet" department:  Three days running, one of our local TV news programs has displayed the following headline:  "Alpena man caught on camera sexually abusing dog."  I am not making this up!  I don't know any of the details, which is probably for the best.  I've heard lots of people make jokes about that sort of thing over the years, but I never believed that anybody actually did it.  What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment