Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Coincidence? I Think Not!

I looked up Senator Joseph McCarty yesterday to see if I had known what I was talking about the day before.  Turns out that I didn't but, of course, that's never stopped me before.  It seems that McCarthy didn't get that way from the shock of discovering Commies in government service, he was always that way and just used the Commies, and the gays as well, to make a name for himself.  Another thing I found out was that McCarthy was a Democrat before he became a Republican.  I recently read somewhere that Trump was also a Democrat at one time, so I checked it out just to be sure.  According to Wiki, Trump was a Democrat until 1987 when he switched to the Republicans.  He was affiliated with the Reform Party from 1999 till 2001, and was back with the Republicans by 2009.  It also says that he was an Independent from 2011 till 2012 but, other than that, he has been a Republican ever since.

Back when Trump was campaigning for the nomination, I advanced the theory that he was sent by someone just to give the Republicans a bad name.  Uncle Ken challenged me to name exactly who had sent him, and all I could come up with was "they".  It just occurred to me that, since McCarthy had an abrasive personality and a general disregard for the truth, not unlike Trump and, since they both were Democrats before they were Republicans, it's possible that it was the Democrats who sent both of them to give the Republicans a bad name.  Of course it's only a theory, but somebody ought to investigate that.  Who knows what they might turn up?

Congrats to Old Dog on the return of his appetite.  What's the fun of cooking if you can't eat what you cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment