Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Did So

I did so say something about the investigation of Hillary's emails.  I said that I didn't understand what the fuss was about since she had already admitted that she had used poor judgement, and that what she did was not illegal at the time she did it.  More recently, I compared the Mueller investigation to all those Clinton investigations over the years.  My problem with all of them is that they took way too long for the meager results they delivered.  Furthermore, I never said that Trump shouldn't have been investigated, I just said that I was tired of hearing about it.  Same thing with Watergate.  Everybody knew about Watergate before the election, but it didn't seem to bother them until after the news media beat them over the head with it for six months or more.  I never did like Nixon, and I never voted for him.  I think one of my Bircher people said it best at the time:  "Prosecuting Nixon for Watergate is like prosecuting John Dillinger for stealing chickens."

I never said that Trump should be allowed to do anything he wants just because he was elected president.  I just said that people knew what he was like and they voted for him anyway.  By the way, we did not elect Trump, they did.  In this case I don't mean "They" with a capital "T", I just mean that, since neither of us voted for him, it was those other people who did vote for him that elected him, not us.  Furthermore, the Electoral College may be outdated and unfair, but it is enshrined in our constitution.  Changing it would require a constitutional amendment, it cannot just be ignored like the thing about those Marina City cats.

I read about that militia guy who was arrested.  Interestingly, he was not arrested for detaining illegal immigrants, although several people in authority have said that they don't approve of that.  He was arrested for illegal possession of firearms and ammunition because he has some kind of felony conviction on his record.  People who are convicted of a federal felony are banned from possessing firearms for life you know, and I believe some states have similar laws on the books for state felonies. Be that as it may, if the current rate of illegal immigration continues, it's only a matter of time before somebody takes the law into their own hands.  Remember, you heard it first from Talks With Beagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment