Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Making a little dough

It's always good news when the little guy can prevail against the powers that be, such as Uncle Ken's crusade for the Christmas lights.  But how much real power does the condo board have?  Is it within their purview to have residents tossed out of the building, evicted with extreme prejudice, with their property being bought at fair market value?  The ways of condo boards are mysterious to me.

-----

It's too early for me to have any opinion on the Mueller Report except to say it seems pretty balanced; all sides are spinning it's content for their best advantage, it's like there are two versions, one that makes the Pro-Trumpists happy and one that makes the Anti-Trumpists happy.  There's something for everybody and from what I've read so far it looks like an early loser is Obama for failing to take any action against the Russian shenanigans in 2014.

-----

I don't know if Mr. Beagles is still baking bread but I have a new-found respect for his efforts.  I've been meaning to develop a good recipe for biscuits and gravy but I never had a good work surface in my small kitchen until recently.  The sausage gravy was not a problem to develop, just requiring a little trial and error with ingredients, but I never knew that biscuits could be so tricky, and such a mess,  Working with flour is not neat and tidy, that stuff  winds up everywhere if you're not careful.  And not all flour is created equal; the best stuff is White Lily brand, which is not usually available outside of the southern states.  I seldom follow recipes exactly, tweaking and adjusting the ingredients as I go along but my fourth version is almost a winner.  Knead I say more?

-----

And a Happy Zombie Jesus Day to one and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment