Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2019

I got the book

My my my, look at that blueberry pie.  The crust looks flaky and the blueberries ripe and sweet and ready to eat.  I guess that Old Dog can't take credit for the blueberries that probably came out of the can (though I could be wrong, he could have started with fresh blueberries and did whatever) but the real art of pie making is in the baking.  Tea, I don't know, just coffee's weak sister to me, but then this is America and a man can choose his own hot liquid in a cop.  Altoids, I am a user myself.  I buy the big tins and use them to fill the little tins which fit nicely into my pocket.  I prefer the cinnamon and then the peppermint, but the wintergreen and spearmint still find a way into my heart.


I hate the phrase woman of color (strangely you don't often hear man of color).  Colored woman was a euphemism and woman of color is even more roundabout.  And even more oddly colored woman means a black woman whereas with woman of color she could be black or Mexican or maybe Asian or Arab or Inuit, who I think prefer to be called Eskimos, but I don't run into them very often.  And Latino and Latina are okay, but you'd best not call her an actress instead of an actor, and I am not sure what the lady standing on first base with a glove on one hand and peering at the plate wants to be called.

And what of those of us of the dawgs and Uncle Ken persuasion?  Caucasian is too long and hard to spell, and Whites is so pale.  I suppose we could be Euro-Americans that sounds kind of, I dunno, continental.  And we straight people used to be called straight as in straight as an arrow (in my hippie days we called people who weren't hippies, straight people, but also if you happened to be unstoned for any length of time you considered yourself straight.) are now called cis without even a capital letter.  They get the all caps LGBTQ and we get cis all small letters.  Maybe there should be an investigation.   


When he was younger Trump was very much a New Yorker and took on the political views of those around him, and perhaps even voted in democratic primaries, though I rather doubt that he voted in any election, just too demeaning for anybody of his eminence.  And in regard to the traditions and beliefs of the Republican party, he is not much of a Republican.  What happened was not so much that he became a Republican, but the Republicans (following the well-confirmed theory that they have shit for brains) have all become Trumpists.

Finally got a hold of the Mueller Report.  Just reading the introductions now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment