Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

investigations forever

I don't recall Beagles complaining about the Clinton/Benghazi investigations taking too long and costing too much money, but it would not be the sort of thing that would raise my ire and make an impression on me so I will have to bow to Beagle's memory.  I shall have to differ on the subject of meager results.  I think the Mueller report had plenty of results, and the end is not yet.  

I get tired of royal weddings and the weeklong funerals of past prez's, but I don't know what is to be done about it.  The media gives the people what they appear to be interested in, and once one segment of the media takes on something the rest follows.  I was, and remain riveted by the story, and so are a lot of other people and if Beagles finds it boring I guess he can start keeping up with the Khardasians.

I don't think anybody except the cabal in the white house and those rubber-gloved plumbers knew anything about Watergate until that security guard found the tape on the door.  At the time of the election Nixon was calling it a third rate burglary, and it wasn't for Woodward and Bernstein of the ahem, media, I don't know if we would ever have found out about it.  I don't think the public was disinterested in it until the press beat them over the head about it, I think the more they heard about it the closer to the edge of their seats they were, I certainly was.  

I guess it is to the Bircher's credit that they hated Nixon, but then didn't they hate everybody (including lovable old Ike)?  I may be mistaken but I think they liked Goldwater.  Did they like anybody else who I might have heard of?

It's a talking point among the Trumpists that dems should stop opposing Trump's agenda because he won the election and therefore this is what the people want. What Beagles said sounds a little like that, it was got my ire up.  And what follows from the idea that people knew what he was like when they elected him?   How does that change anything?  And you know 50 percent of reps think he never lied about anything so they clearly do not know what he is like.

The obvious rejoinder to the electoral college being enshrined in the constitution is so was slavery.  One man one vote sounds a lot more in tune with what people think is fair.  If the repubs who doff their hats in respect for the grand old ways came to believe that the electoral college worked against them they would be working to change it as fast as Charming Billy's girl on the hill could bake a cherry pie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment