Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Pie in the sky

I get tired of royal weddings and the weeklong funerals of past prez's, but I don't know what is to be done about it.
 

Change the channel or turn off the TV, radio, and computer.  I don't think that the decision makers at the news outlets have a clue about what they're doing and are not sure if stories are truly important or just ratings grabbers.  They may as well toss a coin; the news cycles are so swift that nothing seems to have any weight.  It wasn't that long ago that you didn't hear anything except coverage of the Notre Dame fire.  And today?  Nothing.  Sometimes I think that I am getting smothered by the news when, in actuality, very little of the news affects my day to day reality.  Shakespeare said something about a tale told by an idiot, signifying nothing, and all I can think of is FoxNews, CNN, and all the other performers in the media circus.  Basta!

-----

Uncle Ken laments the lack of response to his thought experiment but that shouldn't prevent him from expounding further.  Nobody seems to care about my recent kitchen adventures but that won't stop me from yapping about it.  I'm starting to have a well stocked larder and I could be going off the deep end, running short of storage space.  Do I really need three kinds of sugar?  Probably not, but there you go.  I bought my first pie pan today and the challenge is a good crust; there's a lot that can go wrong and I still haven't decided between cherry or blueberry for the filling.  Maybe both?



No comments:

Post a Comment