Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

still in Genesis

Why are we talking about Genesis again?  Oh that's right, I started it.  I wanted to use  that thing about being one's brother's keeper in the context of your seemingly tossing the good folks of Flint under the bus because they deserved their fate because they had run their city into the ground, so why should you have to bail them out? 

I just wanted to take that phrase and run, but the bible scholar felt a need to elaborate, and it turned out that I had gotten it mixed up with original sin, something that might not have happened if I hadn't left the church in my early teens, and I have to admit before that time i had been an avid reader of the Sunday Pics (Was that what it was called?  Those little mini Classic Comics versions of the bible?), but not so much of the good book itself.

And now I think we have progressed to dueling stories of what it means, and isn't that the nature of a bible story?  It can mean whatever you want it to mean?

But wait, what is this?  Behold. the man has become like one of us  Who is us?  Who is the good lord talking to?  I'll put wiki Gilgamesh down for my weekend reading, but I rather agree that parts of other more ancient religions made their way into the bible, it only makes sense.

The reason we have government is not to collect money for the poor.  I would like it to do that, being a liberal and a bit of a bleeding heart to boot, but it would still be the government if it didn't do that.  It would still be the government if it hadn't bailed out the banks.  I don't see how this bailout thing comes into the discussion and especially not the bailout of a paper mill that never happened.

I think this whole thing is just a way of badmouthing government which your particular subset of your ilk would skip a county fair and a turkey fuck (Do they use that example in northern Michigan?  It is all the rage in central Illinois.) to do any day of the week.  But that's just something government did that you didn't like.  It's not an inherent feature of government.  I didn't like it when my government went to war in Iraq, but that doesn't mean I stopped believing in government.

So are you saying the poor folk of Flint would be better off with a sack of money than a nice school to go to or lead-free water to drink?  Where do you get your water?  I assume some kind of well, but I've never heard you speak of it.

Wow, Trump as a libertarian, I am trying to get my mind around that.  If anything isn't he an authoritarian?  He'll just do things and screw anybody who stands in his way?  Doesn't he stand for a very strong central government?  Maybe it's because everybody outside of say a quarter of the people who are madly in love with him, thinks he is bull goose loony, and you libertarians have a reputation for being pretty wacky yourselves, so he sounds like one of you to you guys.

I don't know if I've seen a recent photo of you before that fb one.  Have you seen photos of me on fb?

No comments:

Post a Comment