Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

dat ol yeller dawg, and lusty turkeys

At the risk of having to endure more bible stories, and what the hell, I'll probably get them anyway, who is narrating the book of Genesis?.  I mean if God is quoted talking about 'us' to somebody, doesn't that imply three parties, God and whoever He is talking to and whoever witnessed Him talking.  It might be that the angel (and what's the deal with angels anyway?), told the third person, or maybe that person told another person because by that time there were at least a couple humans around.  Well I have Gilgamesh to plow through this weekend, twelve tablets, but they are short tablets.

That county fairs and turkey fuck thing was the way you announced you were a man of the world in central Illinois.  It was used when some odd occurrence arose as in "I been to fifty county fairs and a turkey fuck, and I ain't never seen nothing like that."  I don't know if there is an actual turkey fuck in the sense that people would attend one, or if it is just a figure of speech.  I'll google that this weekend when Gilgamesh becomes kind of dry.

Speaking of charities have you seen where Wounded Warriors has got their teat in a wringer (surely you have that expression up there) because only 60 percent of their money went to said warriors.  I never liked those commercials, not so much their sappiness but that gravel voiced narrator, some country singer, one of those guys who never takes off his big old cowboy hat.  It sounds like he is selling Chevy trucks, or is it Ford, oh hell I guess all truck commercials have those gravel voiced guys, beer commercials too, except those light beers where they don't want anybody who sounds old.

Where was I?  FEMA, I don't really know, they have a tough job going into emergencies and trying to figure out who gets what, and you know everybody is going to try to get as much as they can even if it means fibbing a bit, and some guy is always going to get more than some other guy and so the other guy will be complaining, so I don't take those complaints against them very seriously.  It seems to me they probably do a good enough job because they don't get all that many complaints.

I think the F in FEMA stands for Federal so that that means it is of the feds who your ilk hate greatly as opposed to local government which you guys prefer.  So FEMA can give you the money directly, which isn't that the sort of thing you hate, the hairy arm of the feds reaching out to touch you, or they can give it to your beloved city or county government to distribute which I would have thought you would like, but now you don't because you suspect them of having sticky fingers, so for a guy with a tornado torn roof you are awfully picky about where you are getting your money from.

Possibly greater Cheboygan is well served by well water, but that would be because there aren't that many people there.  It's not going to work with a bigger city.  And you know, it's not like there is an unlimited amount of water down there as cities of the west are finding out to their dismay.

My mistake, I misread what you said about Trump and libertarians, although with that shaggy mane, he does look like a yellow dog doesn't he?  I'm bummed out because he is saying now that he won't be in Thursday's debate, and I have the pale ale and the chips all waiting in the kitchen, it just won't be the same without his sneering face.

So do you have your own well then?  How does that work?  How far down does it go?  Does it have some kind of filter?  Does it have a pump going all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment