Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2016

is Beagles going soft?

I did some googling on that CEO thing.  I didn't find any hard connections, but I did find that sometimes board members did become CEOs, and CEOs became board members.  I still think there is a sort of club up at the economic top and they all help each other.  I don't see where these high paid CEOs are any supermen,  You never see one have a great turn at one corp and then go on to do the same at another, and another after that. 

If these corporations think that paying people a lot of money improves their performance why don't they spread that corporate largesse to their minimum wage workers?  Wouldn't their peons work harder and be more conscientious if they were making more money? 

You're right about jihadis not being out to impress chicks, I just threw that in sort of casual like to go along with some point I was making.  They tend to treat their women like chattel.  If you gain money or power you can get chicks, but impressing them won't do the trick because they are owned by their male relatives.  That's why they keep them covered up too.  A pretty girl is sought after and that gives her some power and they don't women to have any power.

Well it's a shame the way most of the rest of the world treats women.  We were never as bad as the rest of the world, but I remember how different attitudes were before the woman's movement of sixties.  Now that I think about it the ERA never passed, but I think there were a lot of anti discrimination laws passed so it turned out not be needed,  I don't think we have ever discussed the women's movement. 

We'll soon have the big girl ruling us so we'll see how that works out.  Probably not that different than if she was a man though, probably not that different from loveable old Bill.  Remember how your ilk hated Bill?  And then along came Obama and they forgot all about Bill, how fickle. 

What was it your ilk hated so much about Bill?  Well he was the prez from the dems, I guess that's plenty.  My ilk certainly ended up hating W, but we gave him some leeway at the beginning of his term and didn't really start hating him until he invaded Iraq.  Anymore I don't hate him so much.  I think of him as amiable dimwit who was manipulated by dat ol debble Dick Cheney.  In fact if he was to run this year he would surely be to the left of any of the current candidates. 

You don't think the constituents of the Grand Old Party want to have an immigration or healthcare program?  You think they are a bunch of anarchists who would rather just have us drift into whatever?  The real problem is that the only immigration program they could all get behind would be to build a hundred foot high wall, and deport everybody, and the only healthcare program they could agree with is some kind of health care savings account thing which would be so skimpy that people would end up paying a lot more out of their pockets.  And though programs like that would be fine in the world of the republican primary, come election day, when indies and dems had a chance to vote they would sink like a stone.

I don't think I accused you of being an NRA member, but aren't you a fellow traveler?  I thought you told me once that you stood against any gun control measure because you feared losing one would move the gun control nuts to the next one like that ww1 army moving trench by trench until they reached the bonny bonny swamp of Beaglesonia?  Isn't that your strategy?

And haven't you yourself gone soft on islamic terrorism?  It seems like lately you have been talking about the mideast being such a mess that you didn't want to waste our fortune on it, which sounds pretty soft to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment