Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

the oscars

How about those academy awards? Well how about them, I wouldn’t know. I noticed when I was watching the local news last night it was all about the Oscars, one of the shows even had a little thing on the guy who designed the envelopes that they open to find out who has won. For Chrissake.

I like movies, I have probably seen or will see about half the movies that were up for awards, and I will probably have strong feelings about them. I will love them or I will hate them, and if I run into some acquaintance who isn’t able to get away in time, I will harangue them about why I loved or hated the movie.

But I don’t care what a bunch of, who are they, I think they are people who are or were involved in the movie industry, strangers, think about the movies. Some movies will win and the rest will lose, but winning won’t make the winning movies better and losing won’t make the losing movies worse so what the hell is the difference?

You know we never have gotten into the subject of sports. I think you have said once or twice that sports are stupid, and if that’s the case I pretty much agree. I am a pretty strong Cub fan, kind of a fair weather Bear fan, an even fairer weather fan of the Bulls (just watching a game I smell the sweat like in the Gage Park gym, ugh), and I dally a little with hockey because the Blackhawks won the hockey world series a couple years ago. At first I couldn’t understand hockey, but when I learned more, it seemed like maybe there just wasn’t that much to understand. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but I don’t care enough to learn otherwise.

Well I was thinking about the Hall of Fame. Every year they vote in four or five players. And every team has one or two of their former stars who they think should be voted in, and when they don’t get voted in it is like the greatest injustice in the history of the universe, and they go on and on.


Well I guess that’s it. I just wanted to say how stupid these award things are and I guess I have done it. Maybe I should enter this into the Greatest Rants of the Year Awards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment