Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

getting shot

There was an article in one of the major medical magazines some time ago that linked vaccinations to autism. I don’t know how it ever got in the magazine because it was totally bogus, and was soon debunked, but that’s what started the present furor. The thought that the government is secretly poisoning the citizens is always popular among the American people. I suspect these people were mainly the organic food fanatic types who will turn up their nose at a supermarket apple but gladly down a bottle of pills from who knows where as long as it is sold in a cute little organic foods store.

I do remember as a wee lad being corralled into a room where we were all given shots. That was in the days when we had air raid drills where we were supposed to go out in the hallway and duck and cover I suppose. What a time that was, so scientific and yet so wacky. I suppose that is the way it is for all generations. At first adults seem so smart, and then they seem so stupid, and then you are one, and you know that you are kind of stupid, but you don’t let on in front of the kids.

I always get my shots, flu, pneumonia, shingles, tetanus. I’ve never gotten sick from any of them, but that is the anecdotal evidence that I decry from high on my high horse.

I suspect that that woman saw you for the young smartass you were and decided she was giving this punk a shot no matter what. I do like the moral of your story.


I’m looking for another topic here. How about cellphones? And of course I mean those so-called smart phones. Of course I hate them. A friend who came to visit during my show, who had been a longtime smartphone hater like myself, had just gotten one and has been totally transformed. Made me sick. Sick I tell you. Myself I have decided that when they pry my landline out of my aged hands I will get a telegraph and anyone who wants to talk to me will just have to learn Morse code.

No comments:

Post a Comment