Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Present, for those taking attendance

I'll stand with Mr. Beagles when he told "Incle" Ken that "he would write when he had something new to say."  I tried dropping a subtle hint about the status of the gardens of Beaglesonia, to no avail.

My YouTube viewing habits of late have been centered on farming, homesteads, gardening, small animal husbandry, stuff like that.  I started by watching the bigger farms at work, the guys raising hundreds of acres of grain or operating major dairy facilities.  Cool to watch but way too involved, requiring an unreasonable investment in land, equipment, and people to keep things running.  Now I'm hooked on the little guys, folks who have dinky farms but also full time jobs.  Raising ducks makes people happy, it appears.

And then I'm watching people growing fruit trees and shrubs from produce they get at the supermarket.  Black walnuts, anyone?  I think Mr. Beagles mentioned that the swampy soil in Beaglesonia is too acidic (tannins?) for certain crops but I forgot which ones.  Would blueberries thrive?

-----

In case you think that the news media is too one-sided, do I have the site for you!  Check out https://www.allsides.com/ for an interesting take on stories.  You'll see at least three versions of any story, with sources from the left, center, and right.  All biases are noted, so everyone will be happy or pissed off, in equal measure.  This site has proven to be one of the better rabbit holes I've stumbled into.


No comments:

Post a Comment