Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Music Concerts,Tall Buildings, and Crazy People

I am not saying that they should have done more of the same things they were already doing in Vietnam, I'm saying that they should have done the same things they had done in World War II. So why didn't they? The only thing I can think of is they wanted to defeat Fascism, but they didn't want to defeat Communism. If they could defeat Japan and Germany, they could have defeated Vietnam and Cambodia. Russia and Red China might have gotten involved, but I don't think so. If Russia and Red China had the desire and the ability to defeat the United States, they would have done it, regardless of what was going on in Indochina. I don't know for sure why Russian and Red China didn't attempt to defeat the US, but I suspect it was either that they didn't want to or they didn't have the ability to. Back in the day, I believed that their leaders and our leaders were all in it together, but now I'm not so sure about that. If they had been that well organized, we would have had 1984 by 1984. Funny thing about 1984, the year came and went without incident. It was almost like Orwell's book had never been written. Kind of spooky, isn't it?

Another mass shooting has occurred, triggering the usual knee jerk call for more gun control laws. Never mind that it has been illegal for civilians to possess fully automatic weapons since about 1930. That law didn't stop Al Capone, and it didn't stop the Las Vegas nutcase. If they can't enforce the laws they already have on the books, I doubt that merely passing more laws will help, because they won't be able to enforce those either. You might as well ban music concerts, tall buildings, and crazy people while you're at it, since this latest incident wouldn't have happened if those three things had not been in the same place at the same time.

Although I'm pretty sure they could have won the Vietnam War if they had taken my advice at the time, I don't have a clue about what it would take to clean up the mess that is our world today. Terrorists and other crazy people don't have a capitol city that could be conquered or destroyed. They seem to be spread out all over, so maybe we should be too. There are no music concerts, tall buildings, or crazy people in the swamps of Beaglesonia. Other people might consider me to be crazy, but my contact with them is minimal, so I don't care what they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment