Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Marketing Art

I looked up Uncle Ken's art show. I think I've seen them all before, but it was nice to see them all together. I don't know what it takes to market stuff like that. I wouldn't buy one, but that's just me. I mean they're pretty, but I'm not a great collector of art. I bought an oil painting of a naked lady in Old Town once, just after I got out of the army, but that was a gift for a friend, and I knew that he liked that particular artist. I also have a limited edition print of the Edmund Fitzgerald, a Great Lakes freighter that sank in a storm back in the 70s. Other than that, it's just dime store and garage sale stuff. As the old saying goes, "I don't know nothing about art, but I know what I like." There are art and craft shows all over Michigan in the summer. Maybe Uncle Ken should take his show on the road.

I first heard of those indictments on the NBC evening news on Friday, but they hadn't released the names yet. Then on Monday they told the names and gave a brief overview of the charges. That Manafort guy must have been the one that allegedly did all that stuff years ago. I seem to remember that the other guy, whose name I don't know, was charged with lying under oath or something like that. I don't know what Papadopoulos did, but I understand that he pled guilty to it. The news guy said that none of this has anything to do with Trump, at least not yet. What I'd like to know is, if Manafort has been doing this stuff for decades, why is he just now being charged?

Then there's this movie guy, Weinstein I believe, who has allegedly been assaulting women for decades, it was well known all over Hollywood, and he's also just now being charged. Then all the "me too" girls came out of the woodwork. Why didn't they say something before now?

It's like all those auto recalls. It's seldom for a new car, it's usually for a model that's been on the road for years, and they just now discovered that the brakes are prone to failure or the air bag can kill you. It seem like something that serious would have been noticed a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment