Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

I don't know, either

So I don't know, wherever you go there you are.

Which is "where?," I keep asking myself.  Like the frog in the pot of cold water, not noticing when the heat comes up and the water starts to boil, we are firmly entrenched in The Age of the Inexplicable, as I like to describe the current state of affairs.

Not long ago, tongues were wagging about kneeling during the National Anthem and some folks were making a big deal about it.  That seems like a quaint memory to me now but it is sure to return.

There were other topics I was planning to expand upon, such  as the proposed tax legislation and the relief efforts in Puerto Rico, but since the events in Las Vegas I have suffered a severe case of brain freeze and can think of little else.  What the hell is going on?  A guy comes out of nowhere, stashes 23 weapons in a luxo hotel room (or rooms), and for no apparent reason decides to use a country music concert for target practice.  Something must have gone terribly wrong for a retired accountant to do such a thing, but since it defies all logic I'll hold my tongue and see what the investigators have to say.  I don't think the first wave of conspiracy theories have hit the shore yet but ISIS has already been mentioned.

Although unlikely, maybe this tragedy will break the NRA's hold on Congress and we will finally get a computerized national registry of gun owners.  It could be useful to know that the quiet guy living down the street has a few dozen assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition, you know, just in case.  Might want to keep an eye on that type of guy.

-----

When Uncle Ken mentions he is "entertaining" out of town guests I picture him with a lampshade on his head, juggling cats.  Now that's entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment