Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

the efficient consumer

Went to wiki to check up on Beagles and everything checks out.  Cute little critters. That rodentish face with the big schnozz high in its head and those two tiny eyes at the top, adorable.  Not much information about how did they get the idea to build dams in the first place.  Do they even know that they are building dams, that accumulating all this crap in the middle of the water is holding the water back so that they can have a nice deep pool?  Probably not I guess, probably they are just thinking they are building their lodges and the dams are part of the that.

Lodges, kind of nice that they have lodges.  Other animals have like dens or lairs or simply holes, but the hard-working adorable beaver dwells in a lodge smoking cigars and sipping brandies in a big stuffed chair while paging through his well-thumbed volumes of Shakespeare.

I have heard this before how hunters have respect for their prey which I am always a bit dubious of, because it's not like they toss the prey a firearm, and the two pace off and fire at each other, but I was wondering if there is ever a specific animal that is so good at eluding them that it becomes semi legendary.  It always sounded a little fishy to me, like something somebody made up for a story, and I reckon it is.  I always wonder about those guys who catch some really huge fish and pose with it hanging from some rope, like are they really going to eat all that?  I am thinking now of those Dump son big game hunters, yeccch.

But I don't mean any of this to reflect on Beagles bagging a deer or two to put in the larder for the long winter ahead, and I do love my Italian beef.


The trouble with all this nature writing is that once it's posted there isn't much to say about it, by which I, of course, mean nothing to argue about.

I'm kind of rushed for time this morning.  I have to prepare for the condo's Fourth Annual Eggstravaganza.  I haven't time to come up with a suitable topic for discussion.  Anybody have anything to say about Easter?

How about this one, as I was buying supplies for the Eggstravaganza this morning I was held up by some jerk who apparently had never used his card before and ws plinky plonking around, oh and while he was at it he might as well do a little banking by taking out twenty bucks on his seventy nine cents purchase.  Cash is so much faster.  Why aren't there any cash only lines for us efficient consumers?  And whatever happened to the express line at the supermarket?  And why don't we call them supermarkets anymore?.

No comments:

Post a Comment