Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Minority of One

Truth be known, I've got nothing against minorities, it's majorities that make me nervous, and the prospect of a minority becoming a majority really makes me nervous. Most minorities have been picked on by the majority at some time in their history, and I imagine that they are just waiting for an opportunity to get even. What they don't know is that I have never been part of a majority, nor have I ever picked on a minority. Indeed, I represent the smallest minority of all, a minority of one. I guess Uncle Ken is right about that, we can't take our country back because we never had it in the first place. Furthermore there is no "we", there's just me and everybody else. Call me paranoid, but you'd be paranoid too if everybody was out to get you. Okay, maybe they aren't all out to get me, but they're not on my side either, they're probably just looking out for their own best interests. So why shouldn't I be doing the same?

I've never had anything against the Jews, but that might be because I've never lived where the Jews were the majority. I used to worry about our local Indians until Uncle Ken pointed out to me that they only comprise about three percent of our local population. The fact that those three percent own almost half the land in neighboring Emmet County doesn't bother me a bit. If they didn't own it somebody else would, and there's no guarantee that somebody else would make better neighbors.

I don't know what's going on with all those Republicans saying "no" to each other. Maybe they are going to break up into two or more parties, which is fine with me. I suppose that would make the Democrats the majority for awhile but they might break up themselves some day. I remember when there were Southern Democrats and Northern Democrats, and something like that could easily happen again. Maybe this time it would be Urban Democrats and Rural Democrats, that would be cool.

I don't know about that "nuclear" option" either. If the party in power can invoke it at will, why haven't they done so already?

If the Red Chinese quit buying our soybeans, we could just make bio-fuel out of them and tell those Arabs to shove their oil up their asses. How's that for a diplomatic solution?

I didn't have time tonight to look up those film clips, maybe tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment