Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

taking back our country by electing some jerks

That film clip was meant  to illustrate that business of funny ha ha or funny like a clown, a semi famous bit from the well-received Goodfellas.  They were all mobsters and were not meant  to be representatives of regular guys.  TV has always sucked, I got sucked into it for awhile but anymore it's just CNN, the occasional glimpse of the murder channel, and right now Cub games.  I don't know what's going on in that world.  Of course people in movies are irregular, we want to be entertained. Nobody wants to watch Beagles making ice cream and falling asleep in his deer blind.

I didn't say it was all kumbaya in Chicago, we do shoot each other at alarming rates.  I was just pointing out that now that the irregular people outnumber us regs they haven't begun treating us like we used to treat them.  Mainly I was trying to seek a definition of what taking back our country means, which I didn't get, mainly because there isn't one.  It's one of those phrases that get people all fired up for nothing, and I think bad things happen when people do that.

I guess saying we are going to elect some guys who we aren't all that crazy about and they will maybe change some laws, or maybe not, and by the end we will be disgusted with the guys we elected and probably the other side will put in some of their guys in the next election.  That doesn't fire you up to gas up the truck and drive on down to the polls like taking back your country does.

And the American people, who once suffered under the scourge of Obamacare and elected all those stalwart republicans to get rid of it, are now polling 55 percent in favor of it, which is just fine because now the stalwart republicans are not going to repeal it after all. I notice that on the heels of their collapse they are talking about trying to do it again.  I think they have learned that it's lots more fun to talk about repealing Obamacare than to try to do anything about it.  They are still the party of no.  Now that they hold all three branches of government they are saying no to each other.

How about the nuclear option?  I guess I think that we might as well do it.  It never really made sense to me.  If it's a good idea to need 60 percent approval to pass laws or nominate judges than that should be written into the rules, not left to the parties to abide by it with a gentleman's agreement. There are no more gentlemen in congress anymore, just soldiers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment