Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

leggo my eggo

That male cat I had, BC, he came home one day with half his tail. The vet stitched it up, but he did recommend that I get him fixed, but he added it probably wouldn't help much, like you said, he would still go catting around.   I was going to have him fixed the next day, but that night a song by the Who came on the radio:

The song is over
It's all behind me


In the end I didn't do it.

I don't know how it went on the farm, but I am sure those eggs you buy at the store don't have an embryo.  Those chickens have never even seen a rooster, and without sperm there can't be an embryo.  But now that i think about it there is something called - excuse me while i slip off to the wiki - parthenogenesis.  I believe i learned this from Ms Tichy in the hallowed halls of Gage Park High.  The way i remember it is that there is some way of stimulating the egg into making an embryo but there is no sperm and hence the offspring is a clone.  Hmm, reading further it only goes up the evolutionary ladder as far as amphibians and reptiles, wait, it adds, and very rarely birds. 

This is something that clearly is worth looking into, but for right now i have a post to write.

I think you are right about there being nothing wrong with eating fertilized eggs, but most people, like your hypothetical, find it icky.  Doesn't make much sense since those people don't mind eating an adult chicken which surely had plenty of blood coursing through its veins before it met its maker.  I'm sure you point out little things like this to your hypothetical, and i am sure she appreciates it.

I guess after you put on that display for the hens the rooster had to grow a beard and put on one of those Elmer Fudd hats before the hens would give him any satisfaction.

I have a lot of books.  My bookshelves are full and even if I had another bookshelf I have no more walls to put it against.  I was just now looking over at them and there is that bible.  I think you tired to get me to read some book of it, but I couldn't get past the first few pages.  I keep thinking that i should at least read one of the gospels, or maybe genesis.  When i meet my maker He is likely to be pretty disappointed in me. 

I have probably said this before, but after I meet my disappointed maker, the next inhabitant of the apartment will set their kindle or their pad down on some little coffee table and that will contain what five or six times as many words as were in all of my books. 

I used to see a lot of people on the el reading kindles but anymore hardly ever, mostly they are just plinky plonking on their sooper dooper phones.  I don't think they are reading any books on those tiny things.  My guess is they are keeping up with the Kardashians, or maybe they are texting to somebody that they are sitting on the train plinky plonking on the keys.


No comments:

Post a Comment