Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2016

rambling on my mind

I was specifically talking about cool, not specifically the youth culture, but these things all kind of blur together.  These conversations tend to ramble all over, and this one I have just been running off my mouth, speaking of things that I think are related and wondering if there was something there.

Most of the time in my paintings I have only a vague idea or what I am going to do and I put the paint down carelessly at first and then somewhere along the line something happens and that's the path I follow.

Speaking of the watercolor class, there is a couple in it and he is a bit of a windbag, and she was sort of complaining about it, the way old married couples do, where they aren't really complaining, just walking well-trod boards by way of getting some exercise and making a little conversation.  But it brought to mind one of my favorite theories about the perils of living alone, you don't have anybody to tell you that you are full of shit, so that instead of your crackpot theories being shut down, they take root and grow tall.  That would be one of the benefits for me in this blog, having someone to air my theories out to, but it turns out that the guy I am talking to is a crackpot like myself.

I suppose it's just as well, it's not like we are doing any harm.  I was a precinct committeman once and you ran for some county office, but that's as far as we got.  You know if we had worked hard, or had inherited a hefty sum of money we could have acted like big fucking assholes, we could this election be respectively the Godzilla of the democrats and the King Kong of the republicans, roaring at each other while the populace shuddered in their shadows.  Cool huh?

i don't think the youth culture has taken over America, but then we run against your usage of taking over, which to you means more like making a spectacle of yourself than actually grasping the reins of power.

And I certainly don't think it would be a good thing.  Witness the current crop of movies, superheroes and young adult books, and people, some movie critics who I respect, talk about them seriously.  I'm a big movie fan, and it offends me to see all this crapola.  Of course Hollywood has always spun out reams of crapola, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

But then what am I going to talk about?











No comments:

Post a Comment