Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2016

Democracy In Action

You got that right, democracy in action, just like at Sawyer School. And you wonder why a guy gets paranoid!

I don't know what to make of this election. Every time I think I'm starting to figure it out, something even curiouser happens. It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser. I blame Obama for the whole thing. If he hadn't been elected back in '08 there wouldn't have been this tea party movement trying to take over the Republican Party. Is there even a tea party movement anymore? I can't remember the last time I heard about them in the news. Maybe the tea party movement has been subsumed by the Trump movement. That's a neat word, "subsumed". I think it has something to do with science, like when one scientific theory is subsumed by another.

It has occurred to me that Trump is something like Face Book, everybody complains about it, but they keep logging on to it. Be that as it may, it's no longer a choice between Trump and 20 other Republican candidates, now it's a choice between Trump and Hillary. The die is cast. Hillary will likely win, but you never know in these curious times. I plan on voting for Trump myself for the same reason I voted for George Wallace, to send them a message. In the unlikely event that Trump wins, I have decided that it won't be so bad. He won't be able to work with Congress, even a Republican congress, so nothing will get done. That's fine with me! As far as I'm concerned, the government has done too much already, if they never pass anything again it will be too soon.

Meanwhile, back in the swamp, life goes on. I'm finally starting to get some firewood put up for next winter. I usually have it done by now, but it takes me longer to do everything the older I get. I guess I shouldn't complain, lots of people my age are dead, or so crippled up they might as well be.

My daughter is supposed to return from Hawaii today and call us when she gets back, but we haven't heard from her yet. She spent a couple weeks there with her boyfriend, who has relatives there. His cancer seems to be cured, but he is still weak from all that chemo. My hypothetical wife found a great deal on some T-bone steaks, $4.99 a pound, which is usually what we pay for hamburger around here. If my daughter makes it back in time, we are planning the first grilling of the season for Sunday. Life is good, especially when you consider the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment