Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2015

Searching For the Origin

Well, it's only a theory, but I was speculating about how you and other people grow to resent authority. We have discussed this before. I said that I couldn't understand how you used to resent all authority figures, regardless of whether they were telling you to do the right thing or the wrong thing. "Wrong" doesn't necessarily have to mean "evil", it can also mean something that is counterproductive or erroneous, as in "taking a wrong turn". If a leader is supposed to lead you out of the swamp, and he just leads you further in, then he's a bad leader, regardless of whether he does it on purpose or through incompetence. If, on the other hand, he indeed leads you out of the swamp like he's supposed to do, then he's a good leader, at least on this particular mission. He might not be as good at leading you out of the mountains, that doesn't necessarily make him a bad person, but he still would be a bad leader for that particular job. If his boss knew that the guy was no good at mountain trekking, and he put him in charge of the mission anyway, then it is his boss who is at fault. In my opinion, blind defiance of authority is just as bad as blind obedience. Does this make any sense?

I wasn't shocked to find out that other people had different agendas than I do, I just learned by experience that many people want you to help them accomplish their agendas, but are not interested in helping you accomplish yours. Maybe that isn't relevant to the concept of "us and them", but it seemed to be when I wrote it. I think what I was trying to say was that you're usually better off keeping your own council than looking to others for advice and help.

Yes, it would be okay if the Blacks or any group took over the country if they were all "good Americans", but I suspect that many of them just want to dominate the scene like our predecessors dominated their predecessors. This may be fair in the grand scheme of things, but it is not in my best interests, so I will vote against it if given the opportunity. To me, voting does not mean choosing what's good for other people, it means choosing what's good for me. I expect that the other people will vote for their own interests as well. Isn't that what democracy is all about?

The purpose of the primaries is to decide which candidate will carry the party banner in the general election. I don't think they've always had primaries, I think that the party bosses used to make that decision behind closed doors in smoke filled rooms. All the states do not conduct their primaries the same way, and the presidential primary is usually distinct from the regular primary that nominates candidates for all the other positions. I don't know why this is, or why we need to have political parties at all. The City of Cheboygan elects their mayor and city council on a non partisan basis. The candidates may or may not be members of any party, but no party names are listed on the ballot. If you want to get on the ballot, all you need to do is get a certain number of registered voters to sign your nominating petition. I don't know how that would work on a national scale, but I don't think that Cheboygan is the only town that runs its local elections that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment